Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Sweet Girl - 15




My little girl turns 15 today!  I cannot believe it is so.  Growing up to be such a sweet, loving, honest, vibrant young lady.  It is happening all too fast.  My darling girl is away from home for the first time on her birthday.  It shouldn't be this way...aren't kids always suppose to be home for their birthdays?  What different paths we all take on this journey of our lives.  Would I ever think that my children would be off at boarding school, away from home.  Never...it was never a thought in my mind.  Then one day they end up at this Independent school and yes, the possibilities are much greater than they were when I was growing up.  We all wish the best for our kids and hope they pick the right paths to lead them on their way to adulthood, no matter how much guidance we give them, they still have to choose the path themselves, but this, I never would've guessed.  So here I sit, with a heavy (loving) heart that my baby is not home to celebrate her birthday with the one who has brought her into this world.  I know she's in a good place right now, getting a good education and doing what she likes to do...but I get to be selfish today, don't I, for wanting her by my side of all days?  I love you Jenna, we love you Jenna and are so proud of you!

What You Are into These Days:


  1. Semi-formals
  2. Going to concerts
  3. Party dresses
  4. Hanging out with all your friends, as many as you can see over the weekend when you are home
  5. Movies and the Mall
  6. Mustache's
  7. Matt Damon, Channing Tatum, Ryan Gosling
  8. Pentatonix
  9. One Direction
  10. Justin Beiber
  11. Bobo (how you love him so)
  12. Losing things or forgetting to bring things to school
  13. Eminem
H A P P Y      B I R T H D A Y MY DARLING!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you mommy <3 I wish I could have been home too! I love you so much, and I can't wait to go home and to New York this weekend! I miss you and I love you sooo sooo sooooooo much!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete